6 days/5 nights
This package is designed for the traveler with a special interest in Maya archaeology and Maya ruins. You will visit the great sites of Caracol in Belize and Tikal in Guatemala, as well as the lesser Belize archaeological sites of Cahal Pech and Xunantunich. The array of Maya relics in Bol’s Cave Museum will enhance your appreciation of the life of Maya families.
The Maya Archaeology package includes:
- Meet & Greet service at the Belize International Airport (BZE) or any area near Belize City
- Private transfer to Mariposa Jungle Lodge
- Visit Guatemala for a full day guided tour of Tikal (Border fees of approximately $22/pp are not included)
- Maya Day: guided tour of Cahal Pech & Xunantunich, slate carvers, Farmers Market, lunch at Benny's, and shopping time in San Ignacio
- Private transfer to Belize International Airport (BZE) or any area near Belize City
*Itinerary is subject to change due to weather or unforeseen events*
OPTIONAL SUPPLEMENTAL ACTIVITIES to add en route to or from the Lodge:
- Belize Zoo: $32/pp, including guide, admission and tax
- Howler Monkey Sanctuary: $35/pp, including guide, admission and tax
- Cave tubing: $95/pp, including guide, park fee, tax, lunch and equipment
Supplemental Package Extensions:
- MAINLAND BEACH OPTION: Add 2 or 3 nights in beachfront nights in Hopkins at Beaches & Dreams Oceanfront Inn.
- Add 1 or 2 nights in nearby Guatemala & visit Tikal and/or Yaxha
IMPORTANT NOTE: The tours in Mariposa Jungle Lodge packages include transportation, guide, admissions, and lunch. Prices do not include discretionary gratuities to drivers or guides. For tipping guidelines, you may wish to see our FAQ.
(May/1/15 – Dec/18/15)
(Dec/19/15 – Jan/2/16)
(Jan/3/16 - April/30/16)
|Standard Family - 4 pax max||$3,194||$3,370||$3,432||*Varies by # guests|
|Luxury King - 2 pax max||$3,373||$3,370||$3,550|
|Deluxe Honeymoon - 2 pax max||$3,670||$3,990||$3,849|
|Treehouse - 6 pax max||From $4,495*||$4,960*||$4,800*||*Varies by # guests|